Friday, July 16, 2010

Fruitcake

Goodmorning everyone, or me... lol..
Making the 3rd layer of a fruitcake I am making for a friends 40th anniversary party on July 24th. Yeah I know should have done it months ago but didn't know. Have the first 2 layers done, so its gonna be a 3 layer heart shaped anniversary cake. Thats the kind of wedding cake they had. They got married in England and its the traditional wedding cake for there. Will ice it with think buttercream icing and then its covered with marzipan then will decorate. Her colors back then were blue, pink and yellow, so gonna have flowers in those colors. Her mother in law gave them some cherubs that were on the cake but over the years they got messed up or whatever, so we have 2 cherubs to symbolize the ones she had.
Will take a picture of the cake and post if I am able to figure out how that is done.
This is the first time I have ever made fruitcake so wish me luck and hope it tastes good. Which they usually don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment